Our professionals have served over 150+ retailers and consumer products distributors. The founders of Johnson Stephens Consulting, and all members of our professional team, advanced through roles in operations management prior to becoming supply chain operations consultants. That experience enables us to understand and address the real issues of supply chain operations - your issues.
STEVE JOHNSON, MANAGING PRINCIPAL
- 25+ years experience in operations consulting, industrial engineering management, operations management, and facility design/construction
- Extensive project experience in distribution & logistics strategic planning, engineered productivity improvement, labor management programs, Lean distribution, material handling equipment (MHE) systems design & implementation, and site selection. Steve has consulted to numerous specialty retail, department store, order fulfillment, furniture retailers, wholesale, and consumer products companies. He has provided counsel to many senior executives, while also developing a strong "on-the-floor" relationship with operations management and associates.
- Developed and implemented Labor Management Programs in over 50 distribution centers
- Co-author of the SUCCEEDsm Labor Management Program
- Designed and implemented over 60 new or renovated distribution centers
- Provided logistics network strategic plans for over 25 companies
- Frequent speaker at supply chain and distribution conferences including RILA, NCOF, ProMat, MODEX, The Operations Summit, WERC, E.CON, and SEDC
- Professional & Service activities include: Sewanee: The University of the South Dual Degree Engineering Program Advisor; President (2009-2010), Association of Professional Material Handling Consultants - MHIA; Senior Member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers; Fellow, The Supply Chain & Logistics Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology; Oak Grove United Methodist Church Youth Advisory Board; Elected to Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society and Alpha Pi Mu National Industrial Engineering Honor Society.
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering with Honors, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 1983
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 1982
SANDY STEPHENS, MANAGING PRINCIPAL
- 25+ years experience in distribution & operations consulting, operations management, and production planning
- Broad experience in logistics network design, material handling equipment (MHE) systems design & implementation, labor management systems, process improvement / Lean distribution, and site selection. Sandy has provided assistance to approximately 100 specialty retail, grocery, department store, wholesale, and consumer products distributors as well as third party logistics services providers.
- Designer of over 40 distribution facilities in 15 states
- Completed Labor Management Systems including over 10,000 workers
- Author of "Dynamic Zone Picking" as published by Multi-channel Merchant.
- Co-author of the SUCCEEDsm Management Training Workshop
- Co-author of "What's Motivating Employees" as published by WERC
- Author of "A Tale of Two Facilities", a discussion of the role of managers in the success of improvement initiatives, as published by Multi-channel Merchants' O&F Advisor
- Author of "REWARD$ - A Look at Bonus Compensation in the Distribution Center" - as published by WERC, MHIA, and IPMO
- Speaker at NCOF, The Operations Summit, ProMat, and WERC
- Professional activities include: Past President, Georgia Tech Alumni Association – Coweta Fayette Club; Senior Member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers; Member of Warehousing Education and Research Council
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Management, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1987